Donnerstag, 2. April 2009

Afterwork party of thoughts

I am sitting in my flat on a chair and I am listening to Nouvelle Vague's Love will tear us apart for the 150iest time from my laptop on my lap. After coming home I just sat down here and turned on the computer and this song. I didn't even stand up to plug in the cable to my hi-fi, so it's only laptop-speaker quality. To my right stands a large case with my new printer sent over by my company. How long does it already stand there untouched? Today I got a parcel delivered to my neighbor when I was away during the day. The courier left a message for me where to pick it up. I was sure it is my new book, the rules of the game by Neill Strauss. After coming home I went to see my neighbor in the second floor, which I hadn't so far. She is a surprisingly nice girl in her twenties (not sure if I am still in my twenties) and instead of the book she handed me over the ink cartridges for my new printer. They weren't even hidden in a blank box but only wrapped together by a plastic cord. The old printer is still good, don't know why we must have this monster of a cubic meter in volume filling up precious space for used clothes, litter and stuff on my floor. Hey but it seems I can keep the old printer. Already written off. Best one I ever had. Hm, hard to say if I can stand up from here anymore. I am feeling quite comfortable, cozy chair, good music, large printer, what else do you want? All this time that I am sitting here should have been invested in preparation for tomorrow's working day. Every time the song ends and starts again, I think ok let's do something... no. But I rediscovered the blog of my friend Florian, whom I met in Vietnam. He was travelling and got stuck in Saigon, so we used to hang out a bit. We had an incredible night, joining a Vietnamese burial ceremony after coming home from the clubs. He is posting almost every day on his blog. That's why I thought I should write something to you.

2 Kommentare:

kersten hat gesagt…

Sometimes same thing happens to me, beside getting a new printer from a company (actually I don't even work for a company). I keep staring on my screen even if there are tons of work marked as undone. This usually happens when I start thinking of the days (and odd nights) I had when I was living in Saigon. Last night, I couldn't sleep – so I went through all my text messages, one could say that they are a textual mirror my life. Incidentally I stumple across one of your messages, saying: »Altha heut morgen ist hölle. Lass mal schnell wieder amüsieren« [12.12.08 07:16]. Guess that's the point.

odaa hat gesagt…

hm, ich kenn das. manchmal braucht das hirn einfach ein bisschen leerlauf... und das ist gut so :)